Blue Box's Blog

Saturday, September 02, 2006

Dinner Night Out

Wednesday September 13th

The focus for our wind-up session is to get together and enjoy each others company. Including: Dinner, worship, inspirational stories, and leadership equipping. Pot luck dinner will make the cooking entertaining and intriguing. Bring yourself and a friend with your favorite dish.

Reflection's of the past year ...........

1. How Successful am I?

I would be more successful if…
2. How significant am I?
I would be more significant if…
3. How fulfilled am I?
I would be more fulfilled if...
4. How satisfied am I?
I would be more satisfied if…
5. How happy am I?
I would be happier if...
6. How much fun am I having?
I would have more fun if…
7. How secure am I?
I would be more secure if…
8. How peaceful am I?
I would have more peace if…

1. Success (Key Concept: Goals)
Success is accepting God's goals for our lives and by His grace,
becoming what He has called us to be (Joshua 1: 7-8, 2Peter 1:3-10, 3 John 2).
2. Significance (Key Concept: Time)
What is forgotten in the passing of time is of little significance.
What is remembered for eternity is of greatest significance.
(Acts 5:33-40, 1 Corinthians 3: 13, I Timothy 4: 7-8)
3. Fulfillment (Key Concept: Role Preference)
Fulfillment is discovering our own uniqueness in Christ and using our gifts to build
others up and glorify the Lord. (Matthew 25: 14-30, Romans 12: 1 -18, 2 Timothy 4:5.
4. Satisfaction (Key Concept: Quality)
Satisfaction is living righteously and seeking to raise the quality of the relationships,
services and products with which we are involved (Proverbs 18: 24, Matthew 5:5, 2 Timothy 4:7)
5. Happiness (Key Concept: Wanting What You Have)
Happiness is being thankful for what we do have rather than focusing on what we
don’t have (Phillippians 4:12, 1 Thessalonians 5:18, 1 Timothy 6 :6-7)
6. Fun (Key Concept: Uninhibited Spontaneity)
The secret to fun is removing unbiblical blocks such as keeping up appearances
2 Samuel 6: 20-22, Romans 14:22, Galatians 1: 10, 5: 1).
7. Security (Key Concept: Relating to the Eternal)
Insecurity comes when we depend on things that will pass away rather than on
things that will last forever (John 10: 27-29, Romans 8: 31-39, Ephesians 1: 13-14)
8. Peace (Establishing Internal Order)
The peace of God is internal not external (Isaiah 32: 17, Jeremiah 6: 14, John 14: 27, Philippians 4: 6-7) *Peace on Earth is what we want. *Peace with God is something we already have. *Peace of God is something we need.

Stay tuned for the introduction of September's session
"Hiding from Love" by Dr John Townsend
Paddy at 11:10 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home